- Congressional Teams are only for the Ten Mile Run. There is no team competition in the 5K Run-Walk.
- Congressional Teams must consist of 3 to 5 people.
- Congressional Teams must be mixed by gender. At least one scoring runner of each team must be of each sex.
- All team members must work on Capitol Hill. Senate teams must include two members of the office that the team is representing and up to three members who must work on the Senate side of the Hill (but not necessarily in the same office). The same policy is in effect on the House side. Congressional Teams will compete in two divisions — House teams and Senate teams. Exception – Family members of Members of Congress are the only non-Hill employees allowed to be on Hill Teams.
- Each team division will be scored separately. Team scoring will be based on the sum of the order of finish times of the first three finishers on each team. In case of a tie, the team with the highest placing third place runner will break the tie. At least one male and one female must finish and be included in the team score. Teams in each division will be ranked in ascending order of aggregate time.
- If any ineligible runner competes on a team, the entire team will be disqualified.
- Awards will be presented to the top three teams in the Senate Team Division and the top three teams in the House Team Division. A trophy will be available for the offices of the winning teams until the following year’s race. Additionally, a team from Senate and a team from the House will win an award for Best Name.
- A Team Captain must be designated for each team and will be the primary point of contact for the team. The Team Captain does not need to run the race.
- As with all entries into the race, the deadline for Congressional team entries is 11:59 p.m. on February 28, 2018. Every runner on a Congressional team must also register individually. Registration begins on February 1st, 2018.
- Runner number exchange is strictly prohibited.
- The Team Captain will receive confirmation of the team’s acceptance via e-mail.
- If you have any further questions about forming your team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Phil Stewart at 301-320-6865.
- Pin your bib number on the front of your shirt or shorts. Your bib number must be visible or you may be disqualified. Make sure to keep your B-tag on the back of your number.
- Runners will be lined up into six corrals based on previous race times, in order to ensure a safe start. You must provide a past 10 mile run time while you register. If you do not submit a time you will be placed in the slowest time group.
- The cherry blossom season is popular for tourists. Due to the crowds, the course will close after 2 hours and 20 minutes (or a 14 minute mile) after the 7:30 A.M. start. If you can complete ten miles in 2 hours and 20 minutes, you may want to switch to the 5K.
- Headphones, dogs, baby strollers and racing strollers are not permitted.